Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kitschy Plates


What is it about these crazy "old lady" plates that has me hunting them down in every thrift store and garage sale?  They were made in Japan or Korea in the 50's & 60's and were cheap decor for who knows who. Who would dare give such a gift or let alone bring them into your house on your own? Maybe it was the sentiment written on them that holds the key to my wonderment. I have always loved painted china and can appreciate the work that the artist imparts to his craft, but these are usually pressed on decals. I still love them! My favorite is my recent find that says : THIS IS MY HOUSE AND I'LL DO AS I DARN PLEASE. It fits me... as my husband just shakes his head and keeps quiet when I bring these "treasures" into our home. Yes, I'm that old lady with the ever changing kitchy decor.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you Joyce! I love your posts on the things you love...I love the McCoy planters! I am following! From one sweetie to another~~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete